Account Manager (m/w/d)
Account Manager (m/w/d), Wilhelmsen Ships Service GmbH
Do you want to work for the most ambitious company in the international maritime industry challenging the status
quo and help to drive the maritime industry and beyond?
Founded in Norway in 1861, Wilhelmsen is now a comprehensive global maritime group providing over half of the
merchant fleet with essential products and services, along with supplying crew and technical management to the
largest and most complex vessels ever to sail. Committed to shaping the maritime industry, we also seek to explore
and develop new opportunities within the renewables, offshore and energy industries. Supporting a diverse and
inclusive workplace, with thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability,
innovation, and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
Supplying marine consumables, products, and solutions to every conceivable vessel type, our Ships Service
division includes the Unitor brand of products, Timm ropes, Unicool refrigerants, and Unitor and Nalfleet marine
chemicals. Last year we made product deliveries to 27,500 vessels, at over 2,000 ports.
Join our global team for a career filled with opportunities to s olve challenges both small and large, local and global,
simple and complex.
Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) is looking for an Account Manager
Title: Account Manager
Are you a charismatic Account Manager with a passion for driving growth? Are you ready to be part of
a dynamic team achieving unparalleled success? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
You will be responsible for:
• Driving valuable sales growth from both existing and new customers within your portfolio
• Develop measurable Sales Activity Plans, and confidently action to deliver on set targets
• Collaborate/support Technical Sales & Business Development Managers to achieve sales targets
• Advise customers on what to buy, where to buy, why to buy and how to buy from WSS by utilizing your
commercial sales skills, maritime market understanding and technical/product competency
• Proactively follow up customer enquiries and large quotations to capture sales opportunities
• Problem solve and cooperate with internal functions in order to increase customer satisfaction
• Actively promote sales campaigns, promotions, and initiatives to customers.
• Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and supporting their requirements
• Utilize sales tools, data and technology to identify areas of growth
• Build the sales pipeline and achieve targets based on impact opportunities and reoccurring sales
• Establish strong relationships with customers through high quality and frequent phone calls and teams meetings.
The majority of customer interaction will be by phone and virtual meetings
• Cultivate team spirit with key internal stakeholders such as Customer Service, Technical Sales, and the Marine
Products Solutions team to drive growth and process compliance
• Seek out, develop, and maintain multilevel entry points and relationships with own accounts
• Ensure accurate and updated information on own accounts in WSS CRM
Who you will work with:
You will report to our Head of Sales and closely collaborate wit h Technical Sales Managers, Business Development
Managers, Sales Support, Sales Operation, Customer Services, Key Account Managers and Credit.
What you need to succeed in the role:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent marine qualification preferred. Lack of formal education can be compensated
by relevant experience.
• Preferable with experience from product sales or customer service
• Preferable with experience from telemarketing or virtual sales channels
• Preferable with experience form the maritime industry and/or technical sales
• Ability to work independently by planning and organizing own work
• Ambitious and a strong desire for success with a commercial mindset
• Must be fluent in German
What we are looking for:
• Highly structured, self-motived
• Results oriented and with demonstrated achievements in sales
• Proven communication skills and a good command of the English language (verbal and written)
• Good collaborator with ability leverage other colleagues competencies to close orders/sales
• Desire to work in a high pace environment and performance culture
• Growth mindset, curiosity, learnability, adaptability, and determination
What we offer:
Join a work culture and environment of strong leadership, career development, a positive work-life balance and a
job that is both challenging and stimulating. Beyond this, we have bespoke benefits that are tailored to each global
• Flexible working arrangements
• Bike leasing
• Career progression, growth, and opportunities
Sounds interesting? If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Account Manager.
You can apply online today through our career portal by creating a ‘Candidate Home’ account. -
Careers (myworkdayjobs.com) Here you can upload your resume and a motivational letter.
Contact details: Olivia Tye-Reeve - Senior Recruitment Specialist